Monday, December 14, 2009


The FWC is a pretty closed community and we don't get a regular influx of new people on any sort of consistent basis. You would think that when a league comes around with a new spin on fantasy wrestling like SWIFT, FMLL, or LVW that people would flock to these leagues because they are dying for something new. That just never seems to happen though and they are all run by quality people who have a good mind for what they are writing.


As I become an older wrestling fan, the reason I've maintained my interest is that I make an effort to keep up with the greatness happening in the year and now instead of wallowing about how great things were in the past. My favorite three promotions this year are DDT, CHIKARA, and Dragon Gate which are all doing something different and all three are all fun and energetic enough to keep even an an old coot like myself interested.


People unfortunately aren't willing to give willing them a shot or willing to make the effort though to try something new. They either stick with what they always watch or they just give up without a fight which I find really sad because the goodness is out there. Take Holtz for instance, this is a man whose interest in had wrestling waned, but he made the effort and went out there and found something in CHIKARA that made him love wrestling again and he is back RPing for Empire with a new character.


All of us here are basically writers or we at least like writing. We need to show our creativity and give some of these leagues a chance to become something special.


Next blog I'll talk about my favorite characters this year outside of WFW:NE!

2 Comments:

Blogger Stabhappy said...

I know the reason I don't join leagues like Swift MMA or Aston's Lucha league is basically that I have little to no interest in lucha or MMA.

Quite frankly, I don't at all feel the urge for something completely different. I find MMA to be altogether boring, and lucha is just so unknown to me that it's hard to be interested.

I think, for me, at least, I stick with things that work because they're the way I like them.

7:43 AM  
Blogger John "Epik" Rivera said...

Meh, I find it all so sad that people lack interest in a sport like MMA that is so technically sound. It takes a certain enthusiast to honestly appropriate each move that is occurring. As a wrestler in High School and BJJ practitioner I love the sport.

I use to wrestle pro and it sucks compared to a sport like MMA. So My fed SWIFT will flop because people find a technical chess game boring because they are too intrigued by fake chair shots and back flips.

Fail.

11:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home